ROLE & MISSION
The Rues principales Foundation is a not-for-profit organization that establishes service agreements with municipalities of all sizes that serve to put in place the various steps involved in sustainable development and revitalization.
The Foundation possesses the know-how and professional expertise, as well as the process and methodology, required to ensure that development is based on heritage conservation and enhancement, an economic recovery, and on improving the quality of life found in the heart of a municipality and in the municipality as a whole.
Since 1985, more than 250 municipalities have called on the expertise of the Rues principales Foundation to undertake a revitalization strategy or to stimulate the socio-economic recovery and planned development of their area.
A process, practical working tools to put in place to favour taking charge at a local level, the planning and simultaneous accomplishment of actions aimed at:
- creating a partnership among the local stakeholders
- developing strategies designed to improve the business and service mix
- bringing new life to municipality and effectively promoting it
- improving the public spaces and making the buildings and general environment more attractive.
The mission of the Rues principales Foundation is to promote sustainable development based not only on the cultural, natural and socio-economic assets specific to each neighbourhood, each town, each village, but also on everything that makes it unique.
The Rues principales Foundation helps local stakeholders to take up the challenges involved in order to:
- establish a new atmosphere where joint action and collaboration are central
- stimulate the local and regional economy
- add life to the area and better organize the promotion of the area
- improve citizens' living environment
- reinforce the socio-cultural life of the area
To do this, the Rues principales Foundation advocates discussion, collaboration and joint action among the citizens, elected officials, business people and the diverse interest groups brought together on a Joint Action Committee, as well as the coordination of efforts in order to achieve an economic recovery and realize an improvement in the quality of life in the municipalities and on the commercial arteries.